The education of young people is of crucial importance to the future. They will carry their parent’s legacy on, and education can help them do this properly. But as easy as it might seem to find things today, time is still required. When moving, there will be a lot on your plate, and finding a good school will be an additional task – but one of the most important. If you were to hire some of the best moving companies in Southern California, they would deal with everything moving-related while you focus on your family’s future. To make this easier, we bring you a list of Southern California’s best schools for relocating families.
What are the available educational opportunities in Southern CA?
The educational system in this state is variable for kids of all ages. You can choose from private, NPS, and public schools, alongside public and private colleges and universities. The choice that you will have to make before moving will depend on your child’s current age and your wishes.
Southern California’s best schools for relocating families offer a large variety of choices
Los Angeles County Schools
Los Angeles County is one of the most promising parts of California where education is concerned. There are numerous options for kids of all school ages – all highly rated. The most significant number of highly rated schools are high schools since many people who decided to move to CA are parents of teenagers. High school plays a huge role in a teenager’s future, and California has some of the best – both schools and a top-of-the-line Los Angeles County moving company. Below, we will go into detail, giving you the names of different highly rated schools.
The LAUSD is the biggest and most impactful public school district in LA, counting 782 schools and over 460,000 students. Their goal is to offer LA’s youth a chance at a high-quality education, and they are getting better at this year after year. The best:
- Elementary schools in this district – Canyon Charter Elementary and Roscomare Road Elementary
- Middle schools – Science Academy Stem Magnet and Porter Ranch Community
- High schools – Harbor Teach Preparation Academy and Downtown Business High School
- Universities – the University of California and Los Angeles City College
Private schools in LA are also some of Southern California’s best schools
Private schools are institutions that are not funded or administered by the government. They rely entirely on payments and fees for financing, and that’s why it is usually the more expensive choice. The average tuition in a private school in LA costs a little over $17,000, which is higher than California’s average of $16,000. Most private educational institutions in the Los Angeles area are high schools, so a private school would only be an option if you have a child attending grades 9 to 12. The Hardware Westlake School, Flintridge Preparatory School, and Polytechnic School are all highly rated high schools with an excellent base and preparation for higher education.
Charter schools combine the best of both worlds – funded by the government but are separated from the state school system. If you want this type of education in Los Angeles County, then schools like Kipp LA Prep and Synergy Charter Academy are worth visiting.
Glendale schools are worth mentioning
Even though Glendale is a small, nearby community in Los Angeles County, it is worth mentioning since it has excellent schools. Our movers in Glendale CA residents trust service this area and will provide you with an easy transition if you happen to choose this place. The best schools are part of the Glendale Unified School District – and Crescenta Valley High School is the best of the best here.
Glendale might be a small community, but it offers good education
San Diego is also home to some of Southern California’s best schools for relocating families
If you are about to hire movers Los Angeles to San Diego locals rely on to move you to the area, you should know that San Diego has good educational options too. The most popular and highest-rated public schools are part of the San Diego Unified School District – La Jolla Elementary, Muirlands Middle, and Preuss School UCSD. As far as private education is concerned, La Jolla Country Day School is the obvious winner.
Charter schools can also be found in San Diego, and two of the best ones are Jcs – Mountain Oaks and Elevate Charter.
Long-distance school transition can be difficult for kids
The best thing that you can do for your move and kids is to hire some long distance moving companies Southern California provides. But aside from bringing in the pros, you can also do a few things to ease the process.
- Insist on an early bedtime – everything will get thrown off balance when moving. But your kid’s sleep shouldn’t suffer, no matter their age. Lack of sleep will reflect on their mood and academic success.
- Maintain a routine – kids love routine, so try to keep at least the major events of the day around the same time – waking up, meals, etc.
- Move during the summer break – Summer break is the best time to move for kids. It won’t cause them to miss out on school. This is the best strategy for maintaining academic progress, and that is why so many families move during the summer break.
Researching and choosing Southern California’s best schools for relocating families
You can move to the city with the best school district in the world, but you must choose an institution that will fit your unique child. You can do this by:
- Considering their unique needs – no two kids are the same. Parents know their children the best. So help them choose a school that will help them pursue their interests and dreams.
- Reading online reviews – online reviews are a good way of saying if something is good. Only consider the schools with many detailed reviews with a rating over 4.5. Many schools even allow tours, giving you an in-person experience of the place.
- Connect with local families – school reviews are best firsthand from the kids who go to that school. Find families in your area that are well-informed about a particular school. And ask them everything that you need to know.
Preparing your child for the transition
No matter your kid’s age, they will feel the transition somehow. Young children might not even fathom what is happening, while teenagers might rebel and shut you out. But moving with kids is the time to get close to your children and accept their suggestions, concerns, and feelings. They are a part of this move just as much as you are. And they should be allowed to make age-appropriate choices. The most important thing is to be there for your kids, whatever they might need you for.
Be supportive of the way that your kid feels
Enroll your child in some of Southern California’s premier schools!
As you can see, Southern California’s best schools for relocating families are numerous, and the choice will be yours to make. You should choose an institution only after much thought and consultation as a family, as your kid’s future will depend on this. Since it is so important, don’t hesitate to invest money in hiring one of the best moving companies in Southern California so that you can focus on what matters, your kids!
Los Angeles Unified School District. (n.d.). U.S. News Education. https://www.usnews.com/education/k12/california/districts/los-angeles-unified-106440#:~:text=Los%20Angeles%20Unified%20School%20District%20contains%20782%20schools%20and%20460%2C633,district’s%20minority%20enrollment%20is%2090%25.